You have many options about where to invest
You do not have to live in the country that you register your QROPS in – but you must live outside the UK.
46 countries have approval from HRMC to offer QROPS – but not all of these countries have lower tax rates than the UK. Countries with generally lower taxes include:
- Isle of Man
- New Zealand
When choosing where to invest, your financial adviser will take into account factors such the following:
- Current lifestyle and expenditure
- How much you want to withdraw as a lump sum
- Age that you want to retire
- The local income tax rates
- The strength of local currency
- The volatility of the local markets
These factors, and many others, vary between countries.